Time to renew your two-wheeler insurance? Here are a few reasons why should consider renewing your policy online.
In this new-age virtual world, there is a staunch argument of whether online portals can or should be trusted when it comes to secure pieces of information. When it comes to India, people normally prefer the touch-and-buy experience, thus, ushering in the age-old era of policy buyers relying on agents to do all the work for them, reluctantly shying away from the online world. But, what often policy buyers don’t realise that an online portal enables you to be in the driver’s seat in terms of all the decision making for your insurance needs.
The History of Offline Insurance in India
Motor insurance has been made mandatory in India since the Motor Vehicle Act of 1988. It stated that every vehicle owner must own an insurance policy that includes a basic cover. This basic policy should cover for third-party damages or injury. Your parents or their parents may have always preferred going to insurers’ outlet and filling in all the procedures themselves. Their trust on the online portal is minimal and they think it may be more of a hassle than a convenience. However, the scenario may be right the opposite. Offline insurance is time-consuming and inconvenient. Even for the older generation, offline insurance implies physically going maybe twice to the office for finalising the proceedings.
Why Go Online?
You are a part of an online revolution; it has been put into place for convenience for everyone in this age. Many individuals think that an agent would make life easier for them, with new advancements reaching out for better and faster opportunities should always be a welcomed idea. Resorting to online means will surely save you time and money. Just fill in the basic information on your computers for a policy purchase or renewal and you are done before you even know it.
The offline two-wheeler insurance policy renewal process is somewhat like this:
- Travel to your nearest insurance company’s office/branch.
- Show all your previous documents for verification and fill in the renewal form with details of the old policy like policy number, etc.
- Submit all the documents, including photocopies and application forms.
- In most cases, you will receive an issue of the renewed copy then and there itself.
The online two-wheeler insurance policy renewal process goes like this:
- Go to the company website through a computer device or download the mobile app.
- Fill in all the details from your previous policy papers. Details include policy number, the term of insurance, premium amount, etc.
- Click for confirmation, please recheck all the information before clicking on Confirm.
- An online policy will be issued immediately and mailed to you.
With the advent of such new-age technology, put in place for convenience, it is always advisable to go the online way. It is quick, easy, hassle-free and user-friendly for all ages alike.